Game Environment Artist
We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Game Environment Artist.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Be self-motivated and a collaborative team member.
- Partner closely with Environment Art Director to establish vision and direction
- Partner with worldbuilders and tech artists in creating art that supports visuals and gameplay.
- Own the art from conception to final in game asset as well as set dressing.
- Create art that is efficient and optimized within performance and memory budgets.
- Champion consistency, quality and visual integrity.
- Provide support, mentorship, and guidance to the art team.
- Ability to prioritize and act on feedback in a timely manner.
- Find opportunities for efficiencies in the art process.
- Define best practices and convey it effectively to the other domains.
- Contribute throughout the entire level creation process.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Strong communicator both verbally and written.
- Strong knowledge of 3D art creation process and limitations for games.
- Proficiency in 3d art software (Maya, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite etc.).
- Experience directing and mentoring artists as well as external OS.
- Experience working with various art styles from realistic to stylized.
- Skilled in 3d asset creation modelling, sculpting and texturing across a variety of subject matter from hard surface to organic.
- Skilled in texture creation both hand painted and photo sourced.
- Collaborate with other domains to share ideas, techniques, and best practices.
- Detail orientated and meticulous in reviewing work
- A digital portfolio and a resume.
- A passion for art and gameplay
- Experience in game production
- Strong understanding of game development
- Strong practical 3d art creation skills
- Strong understanding of efficient game workflows and performance
- The ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and execute.
- Effectively communicate to art team and other domains
- Skillfully adapt to change and manage expectations
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HANDY
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal
- Technical art skills and knowledge of 3d art software particularly Maya
- A shipped game on a console platform
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!