Intermediate Services Engineer
We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an Intermediate Services Engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Design, review, implement, and evolve game services and related tooling, emphasizing cost-effective scalability, security, maintainability, and responsive analytics.
- Explore all aspects of holistic solution development, including risk mitigation, threat modelling, workflow optimization/automation, performance analysis and tuning, test planning, DevOps, etc.
- You’re likely to contribute and experiment across most of our features because we’re creating the unexpected in our games, so our team needs to be willing to try things nobody has ever done, together.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You’ll be comfortable with the design, development, operation, and improvement of stable large-scale online services. This sort of comfort would come from working a few years in this area and after a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Software Design, but we’re happy to meet you if you’ve gotten there by other means.
- Familiarity with cloud ecosystems, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, and common database and telemetry solutions.
- Results oriented, proactive, and motivated for continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, and growth.
- Strong design and communication skills with a willingness to mentor others and lead by example.
- Up to date understanding of security/privacy, including AuthN/AuthZ, GDPR, COPPA standards, implications of inter-service dataflow enclaves, containerization, monitoring solutions, test methodologies, and attack counter-measures.
WHAT WOULD BE HANDY TO HAVE
- Experience with cloud gaming services (Epic Online Services) and common gaming backend platforms (PlayFab).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we have people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!