People and Culture Business Partner
We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a People and Culture Business Partner!
SuperNatural Studios continues to grow, and we are looking for a People and Culture Business Partner to join our team. This position is reporting to the General Manager and has the opportunity to create and build our people practices instilling a collaborative, inclusive, diverse, and fun work environment. The PC BP works as a strategic partner and trusted advisor identifying and driving initiatives that support employee engagement, talent acquisition and management, performance management, operational efficiencies, and culture. If you love the idea of rolling up your sleeves creating something great and adding value to a high performing growing team we would love to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Develop, implement, and maintain HR programs, policies that support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees
- Drive and manage the sourcing strategy, recruitment practice, and onboarding. Partner with external and internal parties to facilitate the entire process
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees on HR related matters, ensuring alignment with company policies, goals, and objectives
- Collaborate with the leadership team in facilitating initiatives to enhance culture, employee engagement
- Champion, develop and drive diversity, inclusion, and belonging policies and practices
- Partner with the Leadership team to create and facilitate internal communication plans
- Maintains an awareness of emerging trends and best practices in HR
- Manage the annual performance review process; to include goal setting, feedback, career planning and training and development
- Facilitate compensation reviews, including total compensation, salary surveys, and other related benchmarking
- Assist Leadership team with organizational change and growth
- Partner with Accounting and Administration team in facilitating payroll and benefits administration
- Organize and facilitate social and team building events that foster inclusivity, collaboration, and fun
- Oversee Social Media plans in collaboration with Leadership team
- Partners with Administration team to provide oversight on Studio and Safety program
- Anything else that supports SuperNatural Studios culture and business goals
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Human Resources or related discipline
- 5- 7 years previous related experience in a technology related based industry Ideally supporting a scaling organization
- Strong knowledge of HR and employment legislation in Canada and the US
- Ability to move between the big picture goals and day to day operations, thriving in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to prioritize needs and manage details.
- Proficiency in team building, culture management in hybrid work environment
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrates ability to build trust and credibility across all levels in the organization
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Collaborative proactive and results oriented
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can easily navigate ambiguity
- Someone who takes ownership of your work and pride on getting things done
- Ability to be creative and nimble to identify the best solutions for SuperNatural Studios
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HANDY
- Experience working in a production environment.
- CPHR designation or candidacy is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!