We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Project Manager who will partner with our game development leads and other studio leadership to oversee our game development process and initiate problem-solving. Our ideal candidate is hands-on and experienced and someone who will lean on their curiosity to facilitate our creative and iterative team’s work. You’ll lead with purpose and build alignment to keep teams moving towards excellence, together.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Tasking and tracking, assisting in the triage and reconciliation of the development team’s issues, identifying roadblocks early, and plotting risks
- Helping team leads create and maintain product/project roadmaps by reconciling and communicating options related to progress, scope, and resources to achieve bold quality objectives
- Gathering context and data from sources such as leads and team members, you’ll use project management tools to synthesize what you see, then research and communicate options and trade-offs for decision-making
- Communicating priorities and optimizing the day-to-day flow of work, clarifying the steps to go from ambiguity towards greater predictability
- Initiating regular communication, organization, and process improvement across disciplines and throughout the team. Assembling the appropriate people who can solve issues and escalating concerns where solutions are out of reach
- Owning and maintaining sprint planning and sprint retrospectives, gathering feedback, and holding the team accountable to the iterations of their processes
- Creating reports and updating team on delivery and project status. Driving updates to documentation, and managing project related documentation: scope, budget requirements, milestones, schedules, contracts, specifications
- Communicating any changes or amendments to project scope or delivery plan with appropriate collaborators
- Identifying and actioning opportunities to create production efficiencies including software, hardware, training, or process improvements
- Collaborating with team on resource planning, identifying critical skills required and potential gaps impacting production delivery
- Being a key contributor fostering a culture that provides continuous feedback, support, and empowerment
- Being a point of contact with outsource and publishing staff, coordinate external and internal communications to ensure the efficient flow of work
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A drive to be the manager you’d want to have – supportive, able to build trust and be approachable
- Several years managing complex cross-disciplinary teams towards product quality. We feel that the sort of skills this role will require would be built after at least 3 years in the games industry, but we invite you to apply if you’ve gotten there by other means. Whether you’ve been called a project manager or development director or producer, we’re open to exploring how your past can enhance our future.
- You’ve seen enough go poorly to understand the root causes and prevent them
- Solid experience collecting project data and producing increasingly refined schedules and roadmaps in project management tools. This allows us to build cohesive and deliverable plans and demonstrate trade-offs to changes in approach, scope, or team capacity
- Excellent communications skills –you adopt a verbal or written communications style based on your audience and can create and maintain documentation useful to the team
- Ability to switch focus to support and manage multiple priorities; excellent organizational and time management skills
- Leads by example and fosters a collaborative, curious, innovative, and inclusive culture
- Thinks logically and is solutions oriented
- Demonstrates initiative and can work independently or within a team while inspiring others to achieve excellence
- Comfort working in an evolving/changing environment including having an ability to break down large problems into manageable and achievable goals with an eye for detail and coach others to do the same
- Calming under pressure with a pragmatic and systematic approach to problem solving
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HANDY
- Experience with AAA or Live Operations products – or both!
- Scrum master certification
- Previous game development experience with an understanding of how each discipline operates and interacts
- Comfort managing projects that require coordination with third parties, including external contractors and publishing partners
- Experience using MS Office, JIRA, Confluence
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we have people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at email@example.com with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!