Senior Unreal Generalist
We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Sr. Unreal Generalist.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Rendering systems: defining shaders, various lighting techniques, and material design in Unreal.
- Explore all aspects of holistic solution development, including risk mitigation, workflow optimization/automation, performance analysis and tuning, test planning, debugging, etc.
- Collaborate with other engineers and artists to design and implement game features of all sizes across most areas of game development, building robust systems underlying evolving gameplay. Get cozy learning a lot with the rest of our team since we’ve got some ambitious plans.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Several years of game engineering experience. We think you’ll have the right amount of “seen some stuff” if you’ve worked on 2+ titles across multiple platforms and after a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Software Design, but we’re happy to meet you if you’ve gotten there by other means.
- Experience enhancing and optimizing content through profiling and diagnostic tools.
- Comfortable with UX design and related tools like UMG.
- Ability to take initiative and produce results, proactive, and motivated for continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, and growth.
- Strong design and communication skills with a willingness to mentor others and lead by example.
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HANDY
Maya and Houdini experience (the kind that comes from cool Unreal tools and not escaping from water torture cells).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we have people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!