Technical Art Director
We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Technical Art Director!
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Collaborate with game leadership to develop the overall vision and identify risks and mitigation plans.
- Define technical roadmaps and long-term vision for the tech art team.
- Improve existing content creation tools and pipelines based on both current and long term needs and requirements
- Review pipelines and content creation process to identify best practices.
- Collaborates with engineering to develop cutting edge tools and technologies,
- Spearhead R&D efforts
- Partner with technical and aesthetic experts to define clear goals for the toolset, pipeline, and workflows.
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years in a Technical Art position.
- Shipped at least 2 console games.
- Experience as a Lead Technical Artist or Technical Art Director.
- Understanding of content creation tools and workflows: modeling, texturing, shading, and lighting.
- Knowledge of game asset optimization methods, as well as pipelines and processes.
- Proficient with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with 2D and 3D art packages: Maya, Substance Painter/Designer and Houdini.
- Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of industry trends.
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines and optimizing pipelines and processes.
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HANDY
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus but is not required).
- A degree in 3D animation, computer science, or computer engineering (or related training)
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and release management systems (e.g. Perforce)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at [email protected] with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!