We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for Technical Artist.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Be inspiring. Be the person you want to learn from.
- Develop, test, and maintain complex pipelines and processes.
- Provide technical support on pipeline tools.
- Assist in the design, integration, and validation of game assets.
- Participate in and supervise integration of assets into the game engine
- Be a part of defining our Pipelines.
- Document guidelines and technical requirements.
- Clear communication. Strong input. You are an important contributor to the games we make and how we do it.
- Strong understanding of the pipeline development processes, limitations, and dependencies.
- Expert understanding of real-time limitations and optimization
- Collaborate well with others to share ideas, techniques, and best practices.
- Maintain high quality standards.
- Be task-driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A digital portfolio along with your resume.
- A passion for making interactive experiences.
- Several years of Technical Art experience.
- Strong practical understanding Real-Time CG.
- Strong tool writing skills.
- Strong understanding of HLSL and Unreal Shading networks.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency using the following software: Maya, Houdini, Blender, Unreal, Substance.
- Able to script in Python or C++/C#
- The ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and get things done.
- UE Blueprints
- Able to document and explain their work clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to change.
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HANDY
- Experience working with mocap data.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we have people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at email@example.com with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!