Tooling Software Engineer
We’re SuperNatural, a video game studio that’s all about intensely unexpected fun.
Our team includes industry veterans who’ve worked on award-winning 90-plus-rated games, and now we’re building an original title and need talented and passionate people to help make it happen. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to make more of an impact, if you have a unique point of view and insatiable curiosity, we want to hear from you.
We value mentoring over dictating and diversity over uniformity. While we embrace creative tension and different points of view, our success depends on being a cohesive, collaborative team. That’s why at SuperNatural you’ll find a safe and supportive environment where openness and empathy rule.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Tooling Software Engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Ensure design/art content workflows integrate effectively and efficiently with Unreal Engine.
- Collaborate with other engineers and artists to design, explore, implement, and accelerate work across many areas of game development, building robust systems underlying evolving gameplay.
- You’re likely to contribute and experiment across most of our features because we’re creating the unexpected in our games, so our team needs to be willing to try things nobody has ever done, together.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Several years of game tools engineering experience. Generally we think you’ll have the right amount of “seen some stuff” if you’ve worked on 2+ titles
- Experience enhancing and optimizing content workflows for level design/prototyping/iteration, progression systems, AI meta-data, etc. using off-the-shelf and innovative new solutions.
- Strong problem solving, testing, and debugging skills.
- Strong design and communication skills with a willingness to mentor others and lead by example.
- A desire to make the best games possible on a solid, sustainable engineering framework. We choose more of “doing it right” versus “hacking it in for the next milestone”.
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HANDY
- Rendering systems experience: defining shaders, various lighting techniques, and material design in Unreal.
- Maya, Houdini experience.
- Experience with game economy simulation/prototyping using tools such as Machinations.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid work environment with remote-friendly culture. Our studio is in Vancouver, Canada but we have people working across the US and Canada.
- A generous benefits package, both for US and Canadian team members, and competitive compensation that gets reviewed on the regular
- Tight team members whose passion, trust and mutual respect will inspire you to elevate your own expectations of yourself
- The opportunity to work in true cross-functional teams, delivering on our promise of surprisingly unexpected fun
Interested? Excellent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us why we’re a great fit for each other. Can’t wait to meet you!